Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Odds & Ends

I couldn't decide what to post about tonight. So I thought I'd post about everything.

I took the girls to the doctor today. Beta needed an update on her asthma treatment. I told the doctor she has had no symptoms whatsoever. He said it was ok to stop the Pulmicort and see what happens. He listened to her lungs and said they were perfectly clear!

Alpha went because she has a short frenulum. There is a more specific term for it, but I can't remember it right now. The frenulum is the piece of membrane that connects your tongue to the bottom of your mouth. In short, (haha!) she's slightly tongue-tied. Her dentist noticed it, as well as her speech therapist. The solution is to have it clipped so that she can speak better. It's not as bad as it sounds. I hope. The doctor started to explain and I told him there was no need to get too detailed. He said it heals quickly.

I took Mark's advice (Holly's husband) and created a new character in World of Warcraft. I've got a Mage who's up to Level 7, and a Priest who's up to Level 6. I shied away from priests at first because I was afraid they'd be somewhat sacrilegious. However, they have the powers to heal people. In fact, one quest I'm about to go on has you going to find an injured "person" (computer player) and heal him. I told Jim that someone needed to create a Christian version of this game. Then I can be the priest and kill 'em with kindness! (kind of an inside joke)

My right big toe is aching. I have no idea why. I thought it was because it needed to "pop", but I've done that and it still hurts.

Jim is having a "Guys Night Out" right in our very own office! He's been on a raid with his guild for the past 3 1/2 hours. They've only got 3 big guys to kill, out of an original 13. Maybe he'll make it to bed before midnight tonight.

I saw part of a reality show tonight and it bugged me. Well, it also amused me. It's called "The Baby Borrowers". They have 5 teenage couples who move into these people's houses and take care of their babies for a couple of days. Then next week, it's toddlers. Then middle schoolers. Then teenagers. Now how teenagers are supposed to "take care of " teenagers is beyond me. Anyway, they showed excerpts of last week's show where they took care of the babies for the first time. I was amused and appalled. What parent in their right mind would let two silly teenagers take care of their infant? These babies were little. Not newborns, but none of them looked more than 6 months old. So of course, the baby won't stop crying, won't sleep, the "parents" argue, cuss, storm out, etc. etc. One couple had the mom step back in and yell at the poor girl for doing everything wrong. I didn't see what she did, but I actually felt sorry for her. Imagine someone behind a hidden camera watching you take care of a baby for the first time. No thank you!

But that's why I blog and play World of Warcraft. And also why the girls and I went to the playground. How I miss the good ole Cosby show days.

We FINALLY bought furniture for our office! I'll post pictures in a few days once we get time to actually fill the shelves. (raids and blogging, you know.....)

And that's about it. Hope everyone's week is going well. I wish it was another 3 day weekend. Oh, well. Two days will have to suffice.

2 comments:

Mark Kerlin said...

Priests are pretty awesome and so are mages. Enjoy. You can't get much done in WoW without a healer and mages have some neat abilities so enjoy.

I've been running 2v2 arena with two rogues (me and the other guy are both rogues) and it has been really fun. The person I'm playing with is very smart and experienced. We went 11-1 in our first 12 games. :)We start the games stealthed and that gives us time to make a plan before we engage.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

The stealth feature really is pretty awesome. Jim has a gnome rogue that he's been using to help me. He'll sneak up on these monsters or thugs and attack them up close, while I blast them from far away. He's even helping me learn how to heal him in the middle of a battle. As in, "Hey! I could use some health about now!" LOL!