Sunday, April 8, 2007

Our Own Room of Requirement

Finally! Today, I took some time to myself to sit and read a book. I brushed up on the Harry Potter books since the 7th one is coming out this summer. (JULY 21!!!!)

I reread parts of Book 3, "Prisoner of Azkaban". That one was my favorite right after I read it. I"m not sure which one is my favorite now. I like the 6th one a lot. I think, of the first four "classic" books, (my own words), the one I like the best is the first one, "Sorceror's Stone".

In the 6th book, "Half-Blood Prince", the Room of Requirement comes into play a lot. This room gives the user whatever he or she needs the most at the moment. In the 6th book, it is used a lot as a storage room or place to hide things.

In order to spend the most time ALONE, I took advantage of our 4th bedroom. I dragged my old bean bag in here and got comfy. This 4th bedroom was an absolute NECESSITY for my husband. He HAD to have a 4 bedroom house for his own private "office". So far, though, the "office" is used to store things that have no other place to go. We'd like to make it a library-type room, but that takes money for nice shelves.

Anyway, as I read about the Room of Requirement, I realized that this office is our own room of requirement. We can make it, or have made it, be anything we want it to be. It is storage, a library, a linen closet. We have old toys, too small clothes, picture albums, the computer network router, sheets, extra pillows, and just some trash lying around. Now if only we could make it have stained hardwood built-in bookshelves from floor to ceiling. That would take some magic we just don't have!

No comments: