Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Breakfast Bandit

Well, now that I'm not quite so mad, I can post about this.

My husband swiped my breakfast this morning!

Whooosh! Gone! Down the drain!

I was half-way through my extremely nutritious bowl of generic cocoa pebbles when Alpha needed some help picking out clothes for school. Jim was going to go help her, but I said no, I'll go. Well, clothes selection took a little longer than expected, but not much. When I came back to the kitchen, BAM! NO BREAKFAST!!!!

He was standing at the sink when I looked at him in dismay. I shockingly asked where my breakfast was. He was quiet so I said, "Did you throw my breakfast away? I wasn't done yet!" He said a small word under his breath.

Things were a bit awkward from then on.

But, the story has a happy ending!

I went to Sonic on my way to work because I knew I'd be early enough. I got a yummy sausage and egg sandwich on a ciabata bun. While munching away on it, he called and asked me what I wanted from Sonic! I told him I had been there and done that. He felt bad b/c he was trying to make it up to me. I told him to get himself something and he could make it up to me later.

I now hope to have a lovely landscaped front-yard garden for Mother's Day! Or at least I get to hold this over his head and make fun of him every time we clear the table. We were laughing about it at supper tonight so I guess I'm over it now.

No comments: