Sunday, October 21, 2007

Alpha on 2 wheels!

Whew! We have had a BUSY weekend! I am glad it is over. I was going to post another cool video with music added, but iMovie HD is giving me fits and won't work the way it should. Or at least the way I think it should.

Here's a rundown of what we did:

Friday night: Against our better judgement and any sound financial plan, we took the girls to Shogun's. It's a teppanyaki restaurant. You know, the kind where they cook the food in front of you and make flames jump all over everything. Well, the girls LOVED it! I thought Alpha might enjoy it but I wasn't sure about Beta. Both pairs of eyes were the size of dinner plates when that fire shot up in front of them. The funniest part was after the chef tried throwing bits of rice onto our plates. (Turns out you were supposed to try and catch them in your mouth, but none of us knew that.) Alpha leans over to her daddy and says, "I'm going to trick him with some lettuce!" She was getting ready to throw lettuce back at him! That would have been horrifying to have her lettuce end up in everyone else's fried rice!

Saturday: Too much stuff to list. The best part of Saturday was when Alpha got on the motorcycle with Jim and rode behind him! Here are some pics:

FAQ: WHAT????? ARE YOU INSANE??? SHE'S ONLY 6!!!!!
Yes, but she has legs long enough to reach the pegs and we even got her a helmet! Plus we made her wear long pants and tennis shoes.









FAQ: Did she fall off?
Nope.








FAQ: Did she like it?
She LOVED it! We had other stuff to do, but she was ready for daddy to take her out again. She even asked if this morning, before breakfast, he could take her for another ride. I think she's hooked!




We also got some landscaping done to our front flower bed. Finally! We've been here a year. It's about time. I may have some pictures of that later this week. It's not finished yet.

Anyway, that is the quick version of our weekend. I wish I could get that video to work. Maybe tomorrow.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend, too!

No comments: