Monday, October 1, 2007

Round 9

For those keeping score:
Jim 2 Wendy 3 Alpha 3 Beta 2

These would be the number of illnesses we have had in the past month. I am sick now for the 3rd time. I thought I had strep because I have a low-grade fever and yucky white stuff on my throat. But 2 strep tests at the doctor's today came back negative. A test for mono was negative. (thank goodness!) He finally prescribed me a Z-pack. He said 80% of sore throats are caused by viruses. The other 20% are by bacteria. Of those 20%, 80-90% of THOSE are caused by strep. So, I have some uncommon bacteria floating around in the back of my throat. YUCK!

I hope I can get better in a couple of days. My throat hurts! I also hope I didn't give it to anybody else. Alpha just got done taking antibiotics for an ear infection with a white gunky throat. I probably got this from her. I hope neither of us gives it to Beta. She's hardly been sick at all so I think her number's about up!

When I'm well, I'm thinking of buying some Vitamin C tablets. I don't think it would hurt anything. We might also fork over some money for the flu vaccine this year.

No comments: