Thursday, October 4, 2007

Bikes, Blues, and Booboos

Ok people. This isn't funny any more.

This weekend is the much-anticipated Bikes, Blues, and BBQ festival. Bikers from around the country (?) are all coming to Northwest Arkansas to participate. The editorial in the NWA Times this morning encouraged motorists to watch out for bikers. Nobody wants to spend a beautiful weekend in the hospital, it said.

So, there I find myself driving down the road today. I'm doing exactly what the editorial said. I'm NOTICING bikers! There are sport bikes and cruisers. That's about the only difference I can tell. Lots of chrome and leather. Definitely a man's thing.

WHEN SUDDENLY................!!!!!

Haha! Fooled you! Nope. I didn't hit anybody. Didn't even come close. But I did realize that I'm watching these BIKES and not the ROAD! If anyone's gonna get hurt, it's me!

I resolved to try to put off my staring until I can actually be on Dickson street -- walking. I think that's safer for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I totally thought your title said, "Bike, Blues & Boobs".

And, I thought to myself, "No wonder Jim's 'volunteering' til Midnight & again at 8am the next morning"!

Ha.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Heh heh. Well, no. I didn't say that, but it's probably not that far from the truth......