Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I finally found what I was looking for.

Did you see my new blog description at the top of the page? It was this quote that I thought of when I was naming my blog. I knew the quote, but I couldn't think of it's exact words and I didn't know where to look. (and I was too lazy to google, ok?)

As the years speed by, I am learning to watch for and savor "the little things." They turn out to be what we all remember the most from our past. It's also usually the little things that people do for us that mean the most to us.

This quote came to me today via The Positive Press. I don't go on their website at all, but I have been receiving their "Positive quote of the day" for over 8 years. I first subscribed sometime in 1999 when I worked at DHS. I remember transferring my "subscription" to my home email when I quit to go back to school. These quotes have been very timely. More than once I sensed some divine intervention. When I was trying to decide if I should go back to school and do accounting, it seemed like all the quotes were directed toward stepping out in faith. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so right!

speaking of little things, how are my girls? i haven't seen them in FOREVER! i guess that's partly my fault, too, since we haven't actually been to your city in a while!

i think we should make a new rule that you have to post at least 1 picture of each of them EVERY DAY!

i miss them terribly.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Maybe after tax season.....

Maybe we could make a rule that you have to come visit us once a month! Ok, just kidding!