Thursday, April 10, 2008

My new best friend.

I have a new best friend! (Well, not really. It's more of a cute little trick for the laundry. But this title just popped into my head and stuck. :)

Have you ever laundered a sticker? It's a mess. Have you ever then, um, dried one? You have? Oh, good. It's not just me. I now have a way to remove them!

De-Solv-it!

I have used this trick twice and been successful both times. The first time, it was on a dress I bought Beta at the consignment sale. The dress was in perfect shape (and only $5) except for one thing. On the back, at the bottom, it looked as if a star sticker had been washed and dried on it. There wasn't a sticker left, but you could still see something. Well, I bought it anyway. It's a really well-made sturdy dress!

The second time was tonight. Also on a consignment sale item. Although this one was a 3T that I bought for Alpha. Yes, nearly 4 years ago. It had been washed back this winter (Beta wore it) with a sticker on it. And subsequently dried. Oops.

But, when you put De-solv-it on it and let it sit for just a couple of minutes, Voila! NO MORE STICKER! It's gone!

Now, you probably won't want to try this on every fabric. Delicate ones would probably be a no-no. And if you're really worried, you could do that "test in an inconspicuous spot" thing. But I figured these clothes were relegated to dirt-only play if it didn't work so what did I have to lose?

And now we have a nice like-new dress and Beta can wear one of her favorite shirts again before it gets too hot.

1 comment:

Boom said...

I think I need some De-Solv-It! Sounds awesome!!!

(found you on Robin's blog!)

: ) Laura