Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wish I'd had these, like, 11 years ago!

I'd like to spotlight one of my links on the sidebar here.

StartCooking.com

This website and video podcast is something I really wish I had had 11 years ago when I was first married. I'm thankful to say my cooking mishaps have been few, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have used some instruction.

It's a video podcast showing the most basic of cooking techniques. Some videos are techniques, such as this week's, "Chopping an Onion." Others show simple recipes, like beef stew. Some show both, such as Grilled Cheese.

The lady films her own stuff and does some really good stop-animation-type filming. Or whatever it's called. It's cool.

So go check out this website. And wish that you, too, had had this when you were first on your own. (and didn't want to admit that, if it didn't have printed directions on a box, you probably weren't going to be eating it.) Hee! Hee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll tell your brother about this...seeing as how he does all the cooking! :0) how i got myself out of cooking, i have no idea...

oh wait, i think it's because i do EVERYTHING else in this house! laundry, cleaning, pay bills, organize, grocery shopping...shall i go on? :0) ha, ha! i'd still love him, even if he didn't cook!

Kathy Maister said...

Thanks for the link! startcooking.com is all about the basics and always will be! Be sure to let me know if you have any questions.
Cheers,
Kathy Maister
Founder and Host of startcooking.com