Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm on my way to CPA!

Happy days are here again.......(sing along with me!)

Tax season is over. I actually get an ENTIRE TWO DAY WEEKEND this weekend! No working on Saturdays or until supper time.

If you're observant, you've probably also noticed the new addition to my blog on the right. It's a countdown, of sorts, showing how many more hours I must work until I can apply for my CPA license. To apply for your CPA license, you must pass the CPA exam and then work 2000 hours. Which is one year of full time, but can be stretched out up to 3 years. Through somewhat no fault of my own, I have been stretching my time out since January of 2006. It's about time I got a license! I can't wait!

As of this afternoon, I have 1745 hours worked towards my 2000. Isn't that cool? It totally makes all the full time and overtime the past few weeks worth it. Just for you trivia buffs out there, I worked 76 hours of overtime from February through April. That pales in comparison to what some CPAs do, and to how many hours my boss worked. But considering I was a SAHM just a year or so ago, that's pretty amazing!

So keep watching! Every Friday I will update the ticker with my hours for the week. And if anyone knows of a good countdown to put on here, please let me know. This manual one will have to suffice for now.

No comments: