Monday, August 6, 2007

It's alright

Well, we survived the weekend! It was a really good weekend all around. Like my SIL, Robin, said, "All that worrying for nothing."

The girls swam in the lake! I was assuming there would be a beach, but there wasn't. Jim said it was just a dock. They were on a ski boat and a pontoon boat. Jim described Alpha as one of those battery-powered fish. As soon as you put her in the water, she goes and keeps going. He said she probably SWAM for 3 hours straight! Beta got in the water with him, but she "maintained a FIRM grip on his arms." Yes, they both had life jackets on. He took some pictures, but they are on his computer so I can't upload them here.

Ah HA! But I can put a link to them here! He posted them on flickr.

My weekend went well, too. I got to meet and hear Joel Raney play. He's a composer for Hope Publishing Co. If you've sang in a church choir recently, you've probably sung something he wrote. He gave us some tips on improvising at the piano as well as accompanying on hymns. The concert Friday night with him and Jane Holstein was AWESOME! I love it when musicians make organ music new and exciting and accessible by everyone.

The group who hosted the conference was the Fellowship of United Methodists in Music & Worship Arts.

So overall we all had a wonderful weekend! Oh, and no sharks were spotted in the lake!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, first Jim "forgets" to put a link to MY blog & HIS blog...

And, now, I get reduced to an "SIL" on YOUR blog?

I'm not impportant enough for you to type out the words?

What's up with that?

Ok, but in all seriousness, I'm glad the girls had fun. I looked at the pics of Jim's Flickr account & they look so cute in their little lifejackets!!

And, P.S. the link to the "cute little tropical fishy" freaking scared the pee out of me!!

I should have known better than to trust that! You need to stop hanging out with your husband so much! :0) That's something HE would do.

Tell my girls that I love them!

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh, POOH on you! SIL stands for SISTER-IN-LAW, not STUPID-INLAW! It's a term of endearment.....

Back in the day, when I used to post on the Video Fitness forum, everyone used DH for their husband (dear husband, damn husband, etc.) Well, one lady's husband was a window installer. He told her that in his line of work, "DH" meant "double hung". He was quite pleased whenever she referred to him that way....

And I'm glad you liked my fish picture. If you think I put that on there b/c I've been around Jim too long, then you don't really know me.....

Anonymous said...

I know that SIL stands for "sister in law"...like I said, am I not important enough for you to type out the words?

:0) (That's a smiley face, because I'm just giving you a hard time).

AND, I do too know you!! I know you very well, in fact. The fish picture is something I would EXPECT from Jim...but it didn't surprise me one bit that you did it!! Especially since you're a "Shark Expert" after watching Shark Week last week.

By the way, did you tell my girls that I love them?

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Update: Jim says I'm "SILly"

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Oh, and I DID put your name there. I even linked to your blog!