Sunday, August 19, 2007

This is a day of new beginnings...

Well, it's here. The BIG NIGHT before the BIG DAY! And it's a big day for 2 reasons. More on that later...

Alpha had her pajamas on at 7:30. It's almost like Christmas for her. We put her name on all her school supplies tonight and organized her backpack, which in her case is really more of a big purse.

The Meet-Your-Teacher night went ok. Her teacher is a young guy and it's his FIRST year to teach! I talked with a fellow PTO mom, and she said she likes new teachers. They are still fresh and excited and have lots of energy. This guy seems VERY nice. He was the director of an after-school program for 6 years so he's not totally new to kids. Plus, the other 3 teachers have all been there for a long time so if he has any problems, I'm sure they'll help him out.

Alpha didn't really say much about him. She likes that her classroom has individual desks instead of tables. She was sad that she didn't see any of her friends from last year there. 3 of the kids from last year are in her class this year.

Anyway, she's still very excited about school. And so are we!

Now...part 2
I am starting a new job tomorrow. I don't normally talk about work on here because I like to keep jobs, not lose them, and you never know who is going to read this stuff. However, I will provide a brief update. I am about 1000 hours away from being able to apply for my CPA license. Therefore, I need to work. Well, no CPA firms in town are hiring at this time of year. So I signed up with Accountemps. My first assignment starts TOMORROW and is at the Wal-Mart Home Office! Now, that's all I'm going to say about actual work. You just can't ever be too careful.

What's buggin' me is that this is FULL-TIME work. 8am-5pm. That sucks. I want to work part-time, but there just aren't many part time jobs out there. Plus, I NEED these hours. But, this means I can't take Alpha to school tomorrow or any of the next 30 days. WAAAAHHH! It also means I have to put her in after-school care. I know my kids don't NEED me as much as they did when they were infants and toddlers, but I still liked being there when school got out. Alpha would tell me about her day and show me her work. I also had time to fix a home-cooked meal and be calm by supper time. At least this is only temporary. However, I should probably try for full-time during tax season to get my hours in.

Anyway, wish us all luck tomorrow! Jim is picking Alpha up after school on her first day. Because I told him to. :) The rest of the week, she'll have to go to after-school care.

I may not post again for several days. We have something planned for each of the next 3 nights! Yikes! And I won't be getting home until 6:00 each night. Please pray for my sanity.

One last thing.....
Tonight, as I was explaining to Alpha how her daddy would take her and pick her up from school tomorrow, I told her I was going to work at Wal-mart. She got excited and asked if I got to wear one of those vests! I told her, sadly, no, I have to wear work clothes. I guess, at this age, the coolest job I could have, in her eyes, would be as a checker for Wal-mart!

No comments: