Friday, August 3, 2007

This weekend

Well, in about an hour, I will be leaving on my trip. The associate organist at our church, and I , are going to a worship music conference tonight and tomorrow. It should be interesting. There is a concert tonight and then workshops tomorrow. I hope the concert is interesting. At least it's not the Guild of Organists. Organ concerts are either powerful and riveting or incredible snooze fests.

Jim and the girls are headed to the lake tomorrow with this Community Group from church that we joined. I'm kind of bummed that I don't get to go with them b/c this is the girls' first time in a lake! Ever! I want to hear what they're going to say and see how they react.

Jim, of course, is not too sympathetic.

See, I am a Shark Week Officiando. This week is shark week. I have been watching The Discovery Channel nearly every day! The girls have even seen plenty of shark shows with me. I've been careful to turn it off if it got too scary. Well, the girls have already broached the most important question, "Are there sharks in this lake?" I have assured them that sharks live in salt water in the ocean and that this is a freshwater lake with ABSOLUTELY NO SHARKS! I've warned them not to get there tomorrow and scream at daddy that there are sharks in there. (I've also taken great care not to mention that bull sharks, some of the fiercest sharks around, CAN live in freshwater and have been found up river, far from the ocean.)

So Jim is afraid that he'll have to spend all day on the beach because of the sharks. I'm not sure he realizes that Beta doesn't get in very deep water anyway. She'll only get up to her neck, even if you're carrying her, and she's only about 3 feet tall. It's very frustrating. Alpha, on the other hand, is getting more confident with her life jacket. So much so that I'm afraid she'll end up out near a swimming dock before he'll know what happened.

SIGH
Oh well.

I just wish I could be there. But this trip was planned before the lake day got moved to tomorrow so I'll just have to trust the good father that he is and hope he takes it easy on them. (And doesn't sneak up on them in the lake and scare the bejeezus out of them!)

Ok. Enough talk about sharks.
Here is a link to a cute little tropical fishy.

No comments: