Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Momma said there'd be days like this...

So here I sit yesterday. Happy to no longer have the grueling commute for work. (ok, ok. it was only a week. but I hated it!) I guess I thought my day would be like one mini-vacation. I was wrong.

My "day" started at 2:20 am when Beta woke me up. She needed to go potty, as usual. While she was washing her hands, I noticed her eyes had yellow gunk oozing out of them. Yuck! Pink eye! Oh no! I washed them off and sent her back to bed. At our real wake up time, she had more gunk. Ok. Doctor's office , here we come!

I'm filing this under the "you just never know" category. At the doctor's, I find out that Beta has ear infections in BOTH ears as well as the eye infection. Wow. Talk about a good call.

$51 and one trip to the pharmacy later, we are back home.

With eye drops.

For those of you who don't know, eye drops and 3 year olds don't mix. Or gel. Or even co-exist.

Which would be another blog post altogether.

So at 3:00, we pick up Alpha. YAY! I get to pick up my baby from school on time! As soon as she gets in the car, she says, "mommy, my ear hurts." I say, "oh, really?" She starts trying to describe the pain. She finally agrees that it feels like when she has an ear infection.

Great.

Call #2 to the doctor. Appointment in 1 hour.

While at the doctor's, we wait. And wait. We never have to wait this long. Ironically, this is the same doctor we once waited an hour on at the same time of day. I make a mental note not to use this doctor again. (There's like 12 so we have plenty to choose from.)

While we are waiting in the exam room, Alpha is laying on the table, moaning. I am wishing the doctor would hurry up and get there. All of a sudden, alpha leans over the side and throws up! AAAAACCCKKK! I throw open the door, and thankfully another doctor has just left a patient's room. He grabs a nurse and they help me start to clean her up. There is blood. We are all about to get really worried, but then we see that her nose is bleeding. Whew.

The doctor who helped us says that getting blood into your stomach will make you throw up. The doctor we were there to see, who finally shows up after everything is clean, says that the pain could make her throw up. No one is sure why her nose started bleeding. My guess is that the pain was so bad, and in her inner ear, that it made her nauseous and then sick.

$28 and one trip to the pharmacy later, we are back home.

At 6:00 pm. Wasn't this the time I was happy to avoid?? IRONIC, I tell ya.

And to add insult to injury....

Jim had called that morning and asked if his keys were on the dresser. He rode his motorcycle and ended up leaving his house keys in his other jacket. He figures there's no need for me to bring them to him (I couldn't find them anyway) since I'll surely be home when he gets home.

Well, he got home about 5:30. We got home at 6:00. On the plus side,the garage is a little cleaner.

Everyone got to bed early last night.

And everyone is on antibiotics, and not contagious anyway, so they are at school.

Maybe today will be better.
Except for the eye drops.

No comments: