Monday, August 13, 2007

Random musings

I can't think of anything coherent to write tonight. So here's some random thoughts from this weekend and today.

Friday night, we went out to eat at Jim's Razorback Pizza. Not my Jim, another Jim :) My Jim loves supreme....

HOLD IT! NEW IDEA! Now I DO have something to post about.

As I was sitting here typing this, the whole house was quiet. Jim was playing a video game and the girls were asleep. All of a sudden, from our bathroom, I hear a low, long sigh. THERE'S SOMEONE IN MY BATHROOM! Had this been 20 years ago, I totally would have shot out of my own skin and ran screaming through the house. However, being the mature adult that I am, I just raised an eyebrow.

As I slowly step toward the bathroom, I feel wetness under my feet. There, on the bath mat in front of the tub, lies Beta. Asleep. I walk over to her and feel the back of her panties. WET Before I do anything else, I run and get Jim and say, "you gotta see this!"

We cleaned her up, cleaned the floor up, and then carried her back to her room, all while she was still asleep.

My best guess, of which I'm almost certain, is that Beta needed to go potty. (She still feels the need to tell me, however, when she gets up during the night. She also likes to use our bathroom instead of hers.) She must have seen me and Jim playing Lego Star Wars II on the xbox, waited too long outside the TV room, and didn't make it to our bathroom in time. Or maybe she just woke up, headed straight for here, and still didn't make it on time.

Either way, that was NOT what I expected when I came back here, exhausted.

And just when you think you're done with potty accidents. Oh, and she was probably too embarrased to come tell me. So she thought she'd just hang out a little bit.

So there's my post for tonight. David, Jennifer, get ready! This too, can happen to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm pretty sure instead of a sigh, we will hear a giggle or a squeal and find a formerly sleepy child on the floor being sniffed and licked by Sasha.