Saturday, September 22, 2007

Almost there.....

Illness update: Alpha has strep throat. Her fever has been hovering around 103 degrees since Thursday morning. I have been having to double up on the fever-reducers, i.e. tylenol and ibuprofen, to get her temp down. It hangs out around 100 after the medicine kicks in. I was going to ask a nurse today if I needed to bring her in, but I didn't realize until too late that the doctor's office closes at noon on Saturdays.

Luckily, though, this evening it was actually 98.9. I think she was still on medicine, but that's the lowest it's been since she came home sick. We're hoping it stays down so we can all go to church tomorrow.

Interesting happening:
We had a visitor tonight. The girls were all done with baths and we were getting them ready for bed. I was walking past our front door and heard a sound. It was almost like singing. I listened more closely and heard....meowing. Yes. That's right. A CAT!

I looked outside and there, right on our front porch, was a skinny cat. It was meowing like it had the starring spot on American Idol. I called the girls. They were ecstatic! A kitten! (it was NOT a kitten) It must be lost from its mommy! Maybe it just got the wrong house. What are we gonna do?

Well, the ending is anti-climactic. I called Jim, who had not heard the noise at all seeing as how he was a whole 15 feet away....He ushered the girls onto their nightly routine and said he'd take care of it. Knowing the dislike he has for cats, I urged him to be nice. Turns out as soon as he walked outside, the cat ran away. That was an hour ago and we haven't heard any more crooning.

So hopefully he was just stopping by to say hello and he won't come back. Neither of us wants a cat, or any pet at this time, for that matter. But, when you see a skinny animal, it's hard not to want to help. But we didn't break the rule: Don't feed the strays!

One last thing:
This past Thursday, we celebrated a birthday! Jim is now ##. Here are the girls singing to him while he blows out the candles and makes a wish.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they should take their show on the road!!