Sunday, September 9, 2007

Special Announcement!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

This special announcement comes courtesy of Alpha.

Alpha has TWO loose teeth!

These are her first ever loose teeth. She is SO excited.

She says they don't hurt her or anything.

The only thing I'm concerned with is pulling said teeth. My recollection of losing teeth is that it was not pleasant. Thankfully, Jim only remembers loosing his first tooth, and it wasn't traumatic for him.

I think Alpha will be fine. Now when Beta hits 6 years old, we may have some difficulties. But I've got awhile before that happens.

Anyway, I will keep you all updated as the days progress. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember loosing teeth as being traumatic, only that they wouldn't finish falling out and either my parents wouldn't pull them or I wouldn't let them. (I don't remember any conversations one way or the other.) I ended up having the dentist pull at least a half dozen of them.

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

I remember that when it came time to get braces, I had to have 4 permanent teeth extracted. I wasn't too keen on that, but I do remember thinking it would be a heckuva lot easier than pulling out teeth on my own. I was actually happy to be given shots to not feel anything!

Yes, I would rather have my teeth pulled out by a dentist than have them fall out on their own. Weird.

Jim Kane said...

What I haven't told the kids is that, while I never visited the dentist to have teeth pulled, I did visit him to have my gums cut so the new teeth could come in. Yes, it is about as painful as it sounds. No, laughing gas doesn't really help.

Anonymous said...

I lost my 1st tooth at a swim meet when I was 6 or 7. My dad pulled it out right before a race. I didn't even have time to hurt because I had to swim. Hmmmmm? Maybe he did that on purpose?

The dentist pulled my final 5 baby teeth, so that I could get braces.

Unlike Jim, I love the happy gas. I've been going to my dentist for so long, that I ask for the gas when I get my teeth cleaned. Not because it hurts, but because I LOVE the happy gas! He probably shouldn't do that, though, so let's just keep that between you & me.