Tuesday, September 11, 2007

To tell the tooth

Ok. So now that Alpha is on her way to losing her first teeth, I have a question. How should I handle the tooth fairy? She already knows about the tooth fairy from her friends. When we discovered her loose teeth, she started asking me questions. She wants to go spend the night at the tooth fairy's house when she loses her teeth. Um..... Then, she asked if the tooth fairy lived at our house and I told her yes.

So, how far do I take this tooth fairy thing? I honestly can't remember exactly what my parents did. I know we had "the tooth fairy", but I don't remember there being a big "reveal" when I found out it was my parents. The tooth fairy wasn't as big as Santa Claus.

How did you find out the TRUTH about the TOOTH FAIRY?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We were suspicious because the tooth fairy put our baby teeth in Mom's jewelry box. Confirmation came later when Mom or Daddy came to kiss me goodnight and tried to make the switch right then! I told them to come back after I was asleep. =)

Anonymous said...

I don't remember telling my girls there was no real tooth fairy. I think they just figured it out after we finally admitted about Santa Claus. Emily was kind of creeped out about a fairy going under her pillow when she was sleeping. The money helped relieve her fears. - Martha