Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Free"?

Rant of the month:

I got a new cell phone a few weeks ago. Since we had been with Cingular a LONG time, I was able to go online and pick out a phone at a reduced rate. Well, I chose a "free" one.

But of course, it wasn't really "free".

It was $30 with a $30 mail-in-rebate. I hate those things. However, that was the best deal available so I did it.

Got the phone, it worked. Sent the rebate form in the very next day!

Earlier this week, I get a "free" text message sent to my phone. It says they have received my rebate paper work (3 weeks late??) and that my rebate will be happily mailed to me in 10-12 weeks.

10 to 12 WEEKS?????????

How can you even begin to call that "FREE"???? If you lose the use of your $30 for 4 months, is it really free???? Will they send me interest? You know THEY are getting interest on their cash balance during that time.

Ugh. I really hate it when companies use misleading tactics to sell stuff.

No comments: