Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Keep it comin'!

Ok. So if you're keeping track of the illnesses around here, let's see how our current situation is stacking up.

Beta - 3 weeks ago had an eye infection and ear infections in both ears. Doing ok for now. (knock on wood)

Alpha - 3 weeks ago had an ear infection. This past Saturday had a stomach virus. Today came home from school with a 101.6 degree fever.

Jim - got sick over labor day weekend. Within 4 days or so was feeling better. Started feeling bad again last Saturday. Went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with bronchitis. Now he's on Levaquin, i.e. "the good stuff".

Me - Sick over labor Day weekend. Lost my voice. Took about 7 days to feel better. Was well for the next 5 days and then last week got a major cold. Had a job interview during said cold. Felt better by Sunday. Doing ok for now, but I seem to have some abdominal cramping going on. I honestly don't know why.

They say bad things come in 3's. Well, for us they seem to come in 8's because each one of us has had 2 medical issues in the past month!

So, to forget all of our sickness for a bit, here's a picture of a wreath I made for our front door. I made the bow myself, and I'm very proud of it! I let the girls place the flowers on. The flowers may not be as equally spaced as I would like, but I'm glad they got to feel like they were a part of making it. They call it "our" wreath!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, it looks very similar to the wreath you made me for my birthday last year!! :0)

Wendy Thibault Kane said...

Really? I had no idea.....

Surely I didn't have extras lying around.

Surely I didn't like that one so much I decided to make one for myself.

:)

Anonymous said...

No, surely not...