Friday, September 14, 2007

Some positive news!

I found this article in our Arkansas Democrat-Gazette paper today on page 2B. It's from the associated press about a soldier from Greenwood, Arkansas. (near Ft. Smith, I believe) Here it is in it's entirety:

Greenwood -- Sgt. Kris Logsdon made a surprise trip home to Greenwood from duty in Iraq -- and he arrived just in time to see the birth of his daughter Eden.

Logsdon arrived Saturday, and his wife, Melanie, went into labor a few hours after her husband's plane landed. Logsdon kept his trip home a secret to surprise relatives and had a friend meet him at the airport.

Melanie Logsdon gave birth the next day to their second child, Eden Elizabeth Logsdon. Kris Logsdon said their first child arrived a week early, and he timed his leave so he'd get back to Arkansas one week before Eden's due date.

"I'm happy she did not come before I got home. The important thing was to be here for the birth before I go back," he said.

Kris Logsdon is in the Arkansas National Guard and is on his second tour of duty in Iraq. He returns to Iraq on Sept. 24.
***********************************************************************************

Isn't that sweet?? I bet there were some answered prayers going on in that family!

For more positive news, check out The Positive Press. I've been getting their "Positive Quote of the Day" emailed to me since 1999.

No comments: