Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary, HAAAAAAAAAAAAPPYAnniversary!

Yesterday, June 14, was mine and Jim's 10th (10!) Wedding Anniversary. We celebrated by going out for lunch at Boi de Ouro (The Golden Bull), a churrascaria place here in town. (Like Goucho's in LR) It was delicious! And not that expensive for lunch, either. We had a lunch date because we could not find a babysitter for last night, or tonight, or even Saturday night. And I called 3 people. I guess I need to find more babysitters. (Manic Mommies say, "you can never have too many shoes or too many babysitters!")

We didn't do gifts because in July we are headed to Jamaica! It's like a second honeymoon. I love pictures of the Caribbean so we decided to vacation there. Also, it's generally a destination sans children. We'd also like to go to Europe, but we figured we could take the kids to Europe when they get older (if we have to). :)

I'd just like to say that I can NOT believe it's been 10 years! That's an entire decade. That's a lot of waking up next to someone you love. I'll never forget waking up one morning after we'd been married about 2 weeks and thinking, "Boy, I'm glad I really like him because if I had to wake up with someone I didn't like every day, that would suck!" Yes, I really thought that.

So, here's to Jim! The one man who wants to put up with me everyday. The one man who loves me unconditionally, who is a terrific husband and absolutely WONDERFUL father. The one man I can't imagine living my life without. I love you, Jim, and I want the whole world to know!

Love, your forever wife,
Wendy

2 comments:

Jim Kane said...

Wow, I'm blushing here... I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a great wife (and life) but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

For the record, my wife owns no velour pants, comfy or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! :0)

You're awesome & the girls are so lucky to have such great parents to set such a wonderful Christian example for them.

I love you both!
Your sister-in-law