Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Late-breaking humor!

This just in! 3 year old spills beans....
(Jim just told me this.)

Yesterday, my day off, the girls and I might have allegedly done some shopping for a certain "day" coming up this Sunday. On our alleged way home from the alleged store, we had a lecture. "Don't tell Daddy. If he asks you anything, say "We got you nothing!"

Fastforward to supper time. Daddy walks in. "Daddy! Daddy! We got you nothing at Lowe's!" ARGH!

Fastforward to after supper. Beta goes up to her daddy and says, "Daddy, we got you nothing. We left it in the trunk."

You know, if they weren't so darn cute, I don't know what we'd do with them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! Sounds like me at that age. I was a *terrible* secret-keeper on things like that. Didn't help that Daddy always knew how to get me to tell! =D

Anonymous said...

I was never good at keeping secrets when I was little.

Seriously.

I was the one who would unwrap everyone's Christmas presents to see what they got, then wrap them back up before Christmas. When it came time to open gifts, my sister, mom or dad would barely get a corner open before I'd say..."You got a book" or "You got a sweater"...

It's because of those stories, that Matt triple wraps my Christmas & birthday gifts. :0)

Darn it!