Monday, June 25, 2007

I'll be a woman on a mission!

Hi! Jim and I watched TV tonight. Yes. Real TV. Just vegged out and sat there on our patooties. I had to make him turn off the xbox first, but he did it.

One of the shows we watched was Food Network's "Unwrapped". I love that show! This show was about "bargain" foods and shopping. They showed Ramen noodles, mac & cheese, and then a cool story about a website called The Grocery Game. It's a website that somehow has created a database of when stores haave their sales. It keeps track of the coupons in the Sunday paper. Each week, you can print off a list of which items in your local store are on sale, which have coupons, and which are both on sale and have coupons. The list is color-coded to help you "stock up" and also buy "necessities". The basic idea is that you stock up when things are really cheap, and then you only buy what you need each week.

UNFORTUNATELY, the only store that has a list in Arkansas is Dillon's. Have you ever heard of Dillon's? Me neither. No wal-mart or kroger or harps. Bummer.

So, I have decided to become a woman on a mission to pay less for groceries! Ever since we moved here, it has been costing us more to eat. I have several theories why. However, I'm going to take a week and compare prices and see if I can't find ways to save money. I'll report back with what I find.

Wish me luck!

No comments: