Monday, June 4, 2007

Shouldn't this guy know better?

I couldn't believe it when I read it! I was reading my Manic Mommies blog this morning when I ran across one of their posts about the pediatrician they have on sometimes. Apparently, "Dr. Rob", the pediatrician who comes on occasionally to answer listener questions, was outed as "Flea" - a blogger who wrote about his upcoming malpractice suit. You can read the outing article if you want to.

(Update: Well, apparently after reading this more than once, The Boston Globe wants you to register and login. I guess I don't blame them. I don't know if the link will work or not.)

How can this guy be so dumb? Did he not think someone would catch on to him? He wrote about the plaintiffs, the jury, the legal system, etc. And apparently it wasn't very flattering. The plaintiff's attorney outed him in court. Everyone then decided to settle the case for a huge sum of money.

What gives? Why do people think email and blogs are so private? Heck, by their very nature, blogs are NOT AT ALL private! The whole point is to get people everywhere to read them! Just because you use a pseudonym doesn't mean you're protected. Especially when the facts of the case you're writing about eerily mirror the facts of the case you are charged with.

That's why, dear friends, I write about "The Little Things". No major revelations here. Prospective employers will sometimes google you to see what's out there. I don't need them finding my blog and a long list of "red flags" and reasons not to hire me. Not that there are any.....I'm just sayin'........ Haha!

In the meantime, don't be like this guy!

No comments: